Compare mental health EMR software with Luminello
Finally, an EMR built by and for psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and counselors, psychiatry residents, and psych assistants! Compare our EMR / EHR and see how easy it is to use, how affordable it is, and why many behavioral and allied health clinicians switch to Luminello. Manage your private practice with all the features and tools you need, and less of the stuff that you don’t.
In this page, we outline the differences between some of the other EMR and EHR software providers that our clinicians often switch from, including Practice Fusion, Valant, Simple Practice, Kareo, and others. The comparisons below are based on the feedback clinicians have shared with us about their experiences with those systems, as well as publicly available information.
Stuck in a long-term contract? Start using a premium Luminello plan for free until your contract ends! Learn more.
|Pricing for prescribers starts at||$69||$200||$149||$160||$199|
|Offers lifetime free plan||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Free for trainees||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|e-Rx + EPCS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Insurance claim submissions||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Credit card integration||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Telehealth free add-on||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Free public profile||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
Luminello vs Generic EMRs
- Aim to serve as large a market for physicians as possible, thereby leading to overwhelming, crowded screens and inefficient workflows (“click click click click…”).
- There are no free versions on the market.
- Some make money by selling ads to you while you use it, and charging high markups for add-ons, such as insurance claim processing.
- Most require a long-term contract.
- Some limit e-prescribe controlled substances to certain states.
- To reduce costs, most don’t invest heavily in customer service – which is why it can take days to weeks to hear back from them when you have a question
- Some have unclear policies about what they do with non-anonymized patient data.
- Is focused on serving the needs of psychiatrists, therapists, and allied health and wellness clinicians exclusively – Luminello is designed by and for them, and therefore has just what you need, but no unnecessary features.
- Has clean, clear and easy-to-use screens and workflows.
- Offers a free lifetime version.
- Does not display advertisements in free or paid versions.
- Has e-prescribing controlled substances, with PDMP integration, available in all 50 states.
- Pricing is clearly displayed on our site, with no long-term contract required.
- Is invested in your success, and so we invest heavily in customer service – we respond to you within hours, not days.
- Will never sell non-anonymized patient data.
- Is not funded by venture capital or run by a major corporation, so we have 100% control over the features we offer and rates we charge.
- And, our founder uses Luminello every day!
This is the first out of many EMRs I’ve tried that is intuitive to use and has the features I need without the unwieldly bulk that I don’t. I love using Luminello.